Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Teletherapy can be helpful for clients living in Florida who feels more comfortable with meeting via video conferencing. While I recommend face-to-face therapy, today's technology makes it easy to conduct online therapy sessions efficiently. Teletherapy allows for the treatment of clients that may not otherwise have access to the very service that would help them.
Sometimes, it is not always practical or possible to meet a therapist in person for face-to-face counseling. We are able to meet your need for remote assistance using phone, Doximity or Zoom. E-counselors are just as committed to you and working with you as they would be if you saw them in person.
Many find that it’s more convenient (you can do it from your home, office, or anywhere you have a Web connection), faster (it eliminates time spent commuting or sitting in a waiting room), and more affordable (therapists typically charge about 10% less per session).
Research has found that Web therapy can be equally as effective as the face-to-face kind. Patients feel satisfied and have reduced symptoms after video treatment, according to a 2011 study.
Online counseling is a great alternative to face-to-face counseling when:
- You are unable or unwilling to travel to a counseling office.
- You live in a remote place where counseling services are inaccessible.
- You travel for work a lot and do not want to miss any sessions while out of town.
- You do not feel comfortable about visiting a counselor’s office or you do not want others to know that you go see a counselor.
- You would like to work on yourself in a place where you feel comfortable.
- You are very busy and do not have time to travel to counseling services.
- You would like to try out counseling before committing to more long-term therapy.
I have access to a secure, HIPAA-compliant video portal for this purpose. When you are ready, let’s have a conversation first to ensure it is clinically appropriate for your needs.
Important: Telephone and Zoom counseling is not appropriate for people who are suicidal, self-injuring, homicidal, or who have mental health issues that require more intense care than one session per week.
Our goal is to make it easy and convenient for you!
Contact our office now to help you coordinate an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Contact our office now to help you coordinate an appointment.